Saturday, January 11, 2014

What I'm drinking this morning...

Happy Saturday coffee drinkers!!



I wanted to tell you a little bit about the coffees I'm drinking this week/month/New Year.

I actually started drinking this coffee a few weeks into December after an absolutely fantastic trip to Philadelphia and the magical Reading Terminal Market. (If you haven't been, you should go! The Pennsylvania Dutch work absolute MAGIC with baked goods!)

There's also a delightful coffee stand in the market: Old City Coffee.



They have a pretty great supply of beans and seasonal coffees, I originally got 1/4lb bags of each of these types of brews:


















&

 And let me tell you, that was NOT enough! We actually ended up going back a week later (yes, we took a 2 hour drive for breakfast...so worth it!) to get more. A straight pound of each this time...still not enough in my opinion, especially since Egg Nog is only around for the holidays.

You can actually order the coffees online as well, but I haven't checked to see if Egg Nog is available to order all year round...unfortunately, I don't think it is (Oh well, like the ever-delicious pumpkin spice and peppermint flavors, it just gives me something to look forward to for the next 10 months!)

So, a little bit about my coffee routine if you're curious. It's a bit...tedious but definitely yields great results! I actually grind my beans fresh every morning. Yes. Every. Morning.

And not only that but I usually combine one "specialty" flavor with a regular coffee flavor, something like Peet's Major Dickason Blend or the like. Though this month I've been combining the Egg Nog and the Viennese together. YUM!

I don't have exact measurements, maybe 1 and 1/2 scoops of each flavor (or 2 scoops on a hectic morning, maybe more if you're brewing for more than one person) of each flavor, so about 3-4 scoops total and grind them together. That's important.

Then boil water. Combine in French press. Stir, sit, press. Then drop some agave syrup right into the travel, or regular mug, and then Belgian chocolate toffee creamer (I know, so many flavors!! but so good!) pour the coffee over and enjoy!!



And yes, I'm still using a holiday mug. It just makes me smile.

So what are you drinking this Saturday morning? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment