Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Guaranteed Way to an A" tips for Higher Learning as an "Adult"

Happy Tuesday! If you're on the East Coast like me, you're probably enjoying the snow right now, and maybe even another day off from work! (Four day weekend what!?) Either way, this post isn't about work. It's about school! Again, if you're like me then in addition to working full-time (With maybe a part time gig on the side...more on that later) then you're also trying to finish your degree. Online. And in face to face classes.

Because not having a social life is way more fun than having one right?? Right? Guys...?

Run Away!

However, my class tonight was cancelled thanks to Snowmageddenacolypse Revenge of the Snowman Part 3, so I thought I'd share my Guaranteed Way to An A tips for Higher Learning as an "Adult:"

 Guaranteed "A" School Tip #1: Whatever you do, absolutely do NOT download your syllabus until at least the second week of class. Seriously, you might be under the mistaken assumption that knowing your assignments ahead of time is the way to go...DON'T BE FOOLED! Waiting until classes have already started means you'll be hit with that adrenaline rush of being just slightly behind the curve which as any Straight A student can tell you, last minute deadlines are a delicious motivator for cramming on all assignments. #thewaytoanA

Guaranteed "A" School Tip #2: When taking online classes, avoid logging into class like it's your JOB. Listen, don't worry about it. They probably aren't discussing anything important anyway. You'll most likely only have like...2 (maybe 20) posts to read, tops. Your time is much better spent on Twitter and Buzzfeed. (@Jess_Emers, hit me up!)

Guaranteed "A" School Tip #3: Remember the best time to start your assignment (including research) is about an hour before it's due. Nothing like the prospect of a rushed 10-page paper at 11PM on a Sunday night before a full week of work to really get those creative juices flowing!

Guaranteed "A" School Tip #4: Burn your Calendar. That gut wrenching feeling of "I've forgotten something monumentally important" will wake up up just seconds before that big project is due, don't you worry.

Guaranteed "A" School Tip #5: Assigned reading and mountains of research? Get on the Google!!

And finally my Ultimate "Way to a Guaranteed A" School Tip #6: When all else fails: get drunk and mash your fingers against the keyboard until words come out! (20% of the time it works, every time.)

If you'd like to hear more of my awesome advice or have some stellar school tips of your own, hit me up in the comments section or on my Twitter. Happy Studying!

Oh! And here's a cocktail recipe, you know...just in case:
"Apple Jacks" (Cuz, you know...I'm creative)
1 cup Apple Cider (warm)
1 shot Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
1/2 shot o' Dark Rum (your choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
and a dash of pumpkin pie spice (or whatever spices strike your fancy!)
Drink up me hearties yo ho!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, these were brilliant tips! Lovely post!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They may or may not have been inspired by real life events...hehe

      Delete
  2. This post reminds me why I am so happy I am out of school. Papers, research, books, tests, syllabus..ahh the joys of being out of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be done by the end of this year but it has definitely been a challenge to make it all work! Got any tips? :D

      Delete