Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Meditation 2

Today's post was originally going to be about recovering from setbacks, facing life's challenges and realizing that you so too can get back up and keep moving forward when the universe seems to just push you back down.

I still want to talk about all of that. I just feel like my thoughts are all over the place right now.

I experienced a pretty decent setback last week that will potentially have a ripple effect on all of my plans over the next year. (I'm so glad it happened at the start of 2014...) Some of the changes will be good, some are as yet to be determined whether good or bad.

It was upsetting, devastating even. But now I've chosen to look at it not so much as a setback but rather a course correction. Rather than allowing this to bring me down like it might have in the past, I'm choosing to look for the positives and see where this new direction fits with the rest of my life.

We could all stand to benefit from such a simple shift in thinking every now and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment