Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mini Monthly Milestones

I love the New Year, I realize that we're 7 days into the new year at this point... but still new years are like shiny new toys. They're great.

(And can we not just take a moment to enjoy the simple beauty that is "1/7/14")

Anyway, I love this time of year. Everyone is eager for fresh starts, new beginnings. New calendars and planners...yeah. (New notebooks? I'm totally there).

This is the time of year that everyone has such lofty goals and aspirations. Those...whatchamecallums: "RESOLUTIONS."

The problem is though, it's tough to plan something out to last you a WHOLE year. Especially if you're like me and you're not even sure how the next few hours of your life are gonna go. (Not that things are that exciting around here, but it can get dicey.) But seriously, even if you don't stick to a resolution for a full year, you're still not going to be the same person in December that you were the previous January. Heck you might not even be the same person from October!

Rather than lay out an entire grand master plan for the whole new year (other than "make small monthly goals") I've decided to lay out an entirely new grand master plan EVERY MONTH! Which means having 12 grand master plans, technically 13 in total if you count the one for the year instead of just one...wait, wasn't this supposed to be a good idea? I suppose it doesn't matter since, as with most resolutions, it will probably only last a month, week, day...ok I already want to scrap it...

Oh well, since you're here I might as well tell you what my goals for January are anyway:
Here I am, jumping on the smaller, shorter term goal train. (Is that a thing? It is now) I was thinking of calling it my "Mini Monthly Milestones." That would make a catchy hashtag right? #minimonthlies or something like that. Anyhoodle, Here are my goals for January:
Jan Mini Monthly 1. Write a little bit everyday. This isn't hard to do because I'm always writing in my notebook. But, I also want to write more here, on this blog. For you, dear reader, if you're out there. I'm thinking at least one post a day. I have some ideas, oh don't you fret. I've got ideas.

Jan Mini Monthly 2. Create, maintain and stick to a weekly meal plan and food budget each week. 
I eat out way too much; whether it's grabbing something at work or on the way home from work or wandering into my super cute town for dinner...it's gotta stop. I need to save money.

Jan Mini Monthly 3. Experiment in the kitchen more, trying at least 2 new dishes a week.
I know that sounds ambitious, but really it stems from mini monthly number 2 and I think it's doable as long as I pick foods I like...and with the gajillions of food blogs out there, I'm bound to find something.

Jan Mini Monthly 4. Set aside at least $50 dollars each week for savings.
You know, from all the cash that will be rolling in from not eating out all the time. In fact, $50 might be aiming low...but what can I say, I know myself too well....

and finally...

Jan Mini Monthly 5. Wear Pants. (...on the weekends)

Tune in next time to learn why pants are like Superman's cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment